While I love the other low carb pizza I have on here, I needed something quick to cook for supper. My T.V. show (The Walking Dead) was about to come on and I couldn’t miss it!!! I really liked this pizza and it’s super quick! I got the recipe off www.genaw.com She has some wonderful low carb recipes! I had to tweak it some for me but it was delicious!
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
pinch of Italian seasoning
1 ounce ground Italian sausage
2 tbsp. pizza sauce
(any other toppings you like but be aware if its overloaded it can be harder to get out of your skillet)
Cover bottom of non stick skillet with shredded cheese. Heat over medium heat. Once cheese is bubbly, sprinkle Italian seasoning over cheese. Add sauce and toppings. cook till the cheese starts to brown along edges. Using a spatula, go around edges working it loose. Using spatula slide pizza out of skillet unto plate. Allow to cool for couple minutes to allow cheese to set. ENJOY!
Per Pizza with pepperoni (you will have to adjust based on your choice of toppings): 230 Calories; 16g Fat; 18g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs
My family loves pizza. I had to look around for some alternatives so we could still have one of our favorite foods. You could add all kinds of veggies! I added the pepperoni’s because my kids love pepperoni. You can tell its cauliflower but it still taste good! Plus, it’s a lot better than picking toppings off a pizza (I feel like its such a waste 0f money…lol) Your getting your kids to eat some cauliflower so that’s always a plus!!!
(For the crust)
- 3 cups of grated cauliflower
- 2 cups of grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- Pizza Sauce
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- Veggies & Meats
- Mix all crust ingredients together, place on parchment paper lined pizza pan.
- Press out evenly to ends
- Bake 15 mins. at 425 degrees
- Add pizza sauce and toppings
- bake until cheese is bubbly and slightly browned.
Makes 12 pieces, Nutrition info is for 3 pieces.
- Calories: 144
- Total Fat: 6g
- Carbs: 12g
- Protein: 15g
Being on a low carb eating lifestyle now, I’m always looking for new ways to cook vegetables. I had got so used to heating up canned veggies that when it came to cooking up some leafy greens, etc….. I gotta admit, I was a little lost. I found this recipe for cabbage and tweaked it a little by adding some extra spices. It was soooo tasty! It reminded me of the stuffing in egg rolls!
- 1 (12 ounce) package bacon
- 1/4 cup bacon drippings
- 1 small head cabbage, cored and finely chopped
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Cook bacon in a deep skillet over medium heat until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove bacon from skillet and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Reserve 1/4 cup drippings in skillet.
- Add onion & garlic powder. Cook and stir cabbage in hot bacon drippings over medium heat until cabbage wilts, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Crumble bacon over cabbage. Stir and simmer until bacon is warmed, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with black pepper.
I added some asparagus and carrots for sides. The nutrition facts for the cabbage is as follows:
- Calories 220 cal
- Fat 17.8 g
- Carbs 7.3 g
- Protein 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 30 mg
- Sodium 468 mg